Tuesday, May 17

Why Applet fields Read Only in the TBUI

I was searching alot on the web to find "why all task applet fields are read only,even though applet is in edit mode and No Insert and read only properties are set to false",But unable to find some post that can resolve the issue.So I am posting this as this could help some one facing similar issue.

ISSUE: Applet fields Read Only in the TBUI

I was developing a Task which will insert an address record into S_ADDR_PER with the details provided by the user in task applets.these task applets are based on TBC.If you are not aware of TBC read the below definition.


A transient business component (TBC) is a type of business component whose records exist only during the lifetime of a task instance,Records are cleared when the task UI finishes or is canceled. If the task is paused, then the records remain in temporary storage.

There are four views in my task following by siebel operation step with 'Insert' method,so when user clicks the finish button on the final applet with summary of data, an address record will be created in S_ADDR_PER table.

This is all about what I have to do...I have created Task,Task Apples,Task Views,Task Group and TBC and everything looks fine...Also published and activated the task and added the task to my responsibility.


But I am not able to enter any data in the applet fields as all the fields are READ ONLY...There is no problem with applet template modes and read only properties.

After some research I found that the TBC I have created  as multi record TBC and the class mapped to this TBC is CSSBCTaskTransientBase.This is the problem all my applet fields are read only as the base class can not provide functionality to edit fields in tasks.

The TBC should be mapped to CSSBCTaskTransient only,I have changed the class now and my issue is solved :)


 Hope this helps :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately the solution presented here does not solve the issue.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. This worked for me.

Blogger Widgets