Monday, May 16

Apply and Activate: Problem in Siebel 8 (Siebel Tools will hang)

I was getting strange issue when applying new column changes to my local DB,the siebel tools will hang and I need to kill the siebdev.exe.I was trying multiple times to apply schema changes to local DB but in vain, So I did some research and found that this is a bug in siebel8 and can be resolved using windows debugger tool.

When you are applying new column changes to your local DB,The siebel tools will hang and you need to kill the siebel tools (siebdev.exe) and to try again for applying changes and you may not succeed in your next attempt too.This is a bug in siebel 8 and here is the solution.

> Install the 'windows debugger' tool (dbg_x86_6.11.1.404.msi) >> I am unable to attach this here..get it from web and install.
> Go to All Programs > Debugging Tools for Windows (x86) > Cilick on WinDbg
> Once the tool is open Click File > Open executable > select siebel dev.exe and wait for a minute and go to Debug click on Go

> This will open your siebel tools and now you can successfully apply new column changes to local DB using APPLY and ACTIVATE buttons


NOTE: please make sure that you log-off from the local thick client and close dbisqlc before you click on APPLY and ACTIVATE button in siebel tools.

I am using this technique and able to apply schema changes to loal DB,Post your comments on this and let me know if you have other ways to achieve this :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot, this is the only solution that worked for me.

Blogger Widgets